Who is Motivo?
A team that enjoys engineering challenges.
- A team with over 13 years of alternative energy project experience including battery systems and power electronics.
- A team that is capable of designing gearboxes as well as custom ECUís
- Proven ability to take projects from clean sheet to prototype field testing
- One-stop-shop for electrical, mechanical, software and systems engineering and
first article build
- Motivo delivers superior engineered products fast, and at a reasonable cost
What is the secret to Motivoís success?
- Every person at Motivo is skilled in multiple disciplines.
- Every person at Motivo has taken a project from conception through final testing
- Motivo management, engineering and build processes are designed for project
- There is no "throwing things over the wall" between departments at Motivo; everyone is a stakeholder in the success of a project.
Nate Schroeder, President
Nate brings 17 years of experience in vehicle prototyping and high volume manufacturing. Prior to co-founding Motivo, he lead several complex engineering and build efforts including two HEV/EV transaxles, a clean sheet fully armored light tactical vehicle with a road coupled hybrid drivetrain, a Joint Light Tactical Vehicle team, a V-22 Internally Transportable Vehicle (Design/Build/Race), Clandestine vehicle programs and Hybrid HMMWV programs. Nate also has extensive experience developing prototypes for automotive OEMs on aggressive schedules in highly cost constrained environments. Prior to applying his skills to prototype development, he had a 5 year run at Chrysler in advanced manufacturing where he had responsibilities that ranged from supporting vehicle program launches to quality management.
Nate is currently responsible for the Defense Market Segment, Business Development, Operations Management, and Project Management at Motivo Engineering.
Praveen Penmetsa, CEO
Praveen brings over 10 years of management, strategic planning, product development, project management and engineering experience to Motivo Engineering. Praveen has a proven history of developing innovative strategies for rapid product engineering and managing high risk engineering design & development projects. Past experience includes electric Vehicle and hybrid electric technology development, complex battery systems for automotive, telecom, and data centers, race vehicle development and racing campaigns, experimental automotive prototypes showcasing new chassis and electromechanical technologies, experimental snow and dirt vehicles for motorcycle OEMs, and consumer product development for design studios.
Praveen is currently responsible for Corporate Management, Strategy & Financial Planning, Customer Relationships, EV/Green Technology Development, Engineering and Project Management. Praveen is also on the Board of Feuerlabs as a Motivo Engineering Representative.
Dean Banks, COO
Dean brings over 20 years of experience in the areas of project management, systems engineering, and vehicle design and development. His background includes varied roles as an engineer, system architect, program manager, personnel manager, and business leader. Before joining Motivo Engineering, Dean was the President of MillenWorks where he was integral in achieving year over year growth rates in excess of 35% from 2004 Ė 2010. Throughout his career he has gravitated towards small and medium size companies, preferring the fast pace and multidisciplinary approach inherent in nimble organizations.
Deanís responsibilities at Motivo Engineering include Strategic Planning, Contract Negotiation, Technical Risk Management, Process Definition, and Continuous Improvement.